Thursday, June 23, 2005

First Draft - A Contest - With Prize

First Draft - A Contest - With Prize:

I slightly revised the letter suggested at First Draft (link above) in response to Karl Rove's statement:
"Let me just put this in fairly simple terms: Al Jazeera now broadcasts the words of Senator Durbin to the Mideast, certainly putting our troops in greater danger. No more needs to be said about the motives of liberals."
For some reason I was unable to send it to Sen. Allard (R-CO).

"Dear Rep. Tancredo,

According to the New York Times, presidential advisor Karl Rove recently said that liberals in this country want our troops to die.

As a liberal, I find this deeply offensive. I resent the idea that I want any of our troops to come to harm. In making such statements Mr. Rove is not only impugning my politics, he is degrading my basic humanity.

As a constituent of yours, I would like to know, sir, if you agree with Mr. Rove's statements. Does he speak for you?

Sincerely,
Julie O."

Via atrios

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next