Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Jesus: Sinner


I just had a good laugh, which pretty much cured the day-long headache I'd been having.

In a rerun of Everybody Loves Raymond, their daughter asked the "Why are we here?" question, which caused a major meltdown, 'cause it's such a hard question. I asked my raised-Catholic husband, "They're Catholic, don't the Catholics have a ready-made answer for why we're here?"

After a moment of thought, he said, seriously, "We're here to suffer for the sins of Jesus."
It brings new meaning to all the symbolism of Christianity. As Tom Lehrer once sang, "When correctly viewed, everything is lewd."

Betty Bowers swag

[Update] It should be pointed out that my husband doesn't really think the Catholic church believes we're here to suffer for the sins of Jesus. He just doesn't pay very good attention to what comes out of his mouth sometimes.

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next