Friday, September 30, 2005

Countering Dr. Seuss's Gay Agenda



Thank you, General, for reposting the information about Dr. Seuss' Gay Agenda. I have actually been reading those books to my sons. Luckily, they have such a dearth an overabundance of testosterone it will take more than a few stories to turn them. [Did you know today was National Opposite Day?]

Also, I sometimes read them the Berenstain Bears books, which have heavy doses of normal Family Values to offset any influence Dr. Seuss may have had. In the Prize Pumpkin, Papa Bear's sense of self-esteem and security is an example for my boys. "My patch may be small, but the Giant is big," says Papa, even though his wasn't the biggest in town.

There is apparently a whole series I haven't yet been able to find which may be out of print, but it looks like they contain more such healthy examples, like
  • The Berenstain Bears and Studying Eastern Philosophy Makes You Look Like an Asshole
  • The Berenstain Bears and You Will Have to Pay for College by Becoming a Chimney Sweep
  • The Berenstain Bears and Race Mixing is Bad


There are also cautionary tales
  • The Berenstain Bears and Mama Bear is Too Frigid
  • The Berenstain Bears and Sister Bear Lost It on a Bathroom Floor in a Pool of Her Own Vomit
  • The Berenstain Bears and Holy Crap We're Jewish!
If anyone knows where I can find any of this series, let me know.

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next