Saturday, September 10, 2005

A New Obsession

I just discovered Joss Whedon's Firefly. I always feel like I'm coming late to the dance with any series by Joss Whedon. I didn't start watching Buffy and Angel until after Buffy was over and Angel was in the middle of its last season.

Even this season, when they started showing Firefly on Sci-Fi Friday, I didn't start watching it until halfway through the third episode, Bushwhacked. When I discovered the movie Serenity is coming out this September, I finally felt I came upon a Whedon project in a timely manner, so started renting the series from Netflix. I got the first DVD on Thursday, and have since watched the pilot Serenity three times plus once with commentary; Train Job once, plus once with commentary; and Bushwhacked once. And I'm going to watch the last two one more time tomorrow before I mail it back on Monday.

My husband asked me if the obsession was Nathan Fillion or Adam Baldwin. I told him it was the Companion, but if I have a crush on anyone, it's Joss Whedon, and I don't even know what he looks like. But seriously, I just love the show. I can't even watch Stargate or Battlestar Galactica this obsessively. I have a great deal of respect for the story and the storytelling all around.

Anyway, good riddance Michael Brown.

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next