Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Sen. Wayne Allard's Statement on Miers

I like it better than Sen. Salazar's for this part
But I do have questions regarding her legal background on issues important to the West, issues such as water law and public land policy, which I outlined to President Bush when Justice O’Connor announced her retirement.

Oooh, he has specific questions. Her answers must be insufficient given what we know of her background, so he's sure to approve her.

Update:
I would have expected more yes votes on Allard's website. Because of the way the question is asked, I think many people who would otherwise have said yes to confirming Roberts as a regular Justice don't think he should be Chief Justice.

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next