Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Source of Anti-Evolutionist Confusion

Last night, while watching My Name is Earl, I learned the reason some people reject evolution. Bad memories.

Earl was talking with his brother Randy, who had returned to high school so he could make a touchdown at a game

Randy: Today I learned that humans used to be monkeys.
Earl: Is that right? What were humans before they were monkeys?
Randy: I don't know. I don't remember being a monkey.


Update: I wrote this entry just two minutes before I went to Pharyngula and read this post about the reasons people have for being anti-evolution.

My answer is better, though the Law of Irreducible Complexity -- the law that a complicated explanation means the explanation was designed, and cannot be reduced, or it will cease to exist, therefore the more complicated the explanation, the more real it is -- suggests PZ Myers is right.

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next