Thursday, November 17, 2005

Mark Udall's Sense of Humor

Does he have one, or does his tongue-in-cheek not come across in print?
Udall and Colorado's 2nd Congressional District are part of [Stephen] Colbert's series Better Know Your District.

"I've climbed Mount Everest, trekked across Utah's desert lands, and even suffered through amoebic dysentery," Udall said in a statement released by his office.

"I can say unequivocally that interviewing with Stephen Colbert was the worst experience of my life. Now, having said that, I wouldn't necessarily say he is Mount Everest. He's more like Mount St. Helens: lots of hot air, noise and drama, but hopefully no real threat."

It says a lot about Colbert's acting ability, though, since he is channeling Bill O'Reilly.

(I vote for Mark's Udall's deadpan not translating well.)

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next