Saturday, November 12, 2005

Sketching Nudes


PZ Myers has an exceptionally cool link to an artist sketching a woman from inside out.

It reminded me of the art class I took in college which I took so I would be better at drawing designs for costumes. We had a nude female model one day, which was very weird and uncomfortable for me at first. But soon I found myself concentrating only on the lines, curves, shadows, highlights, negative spaces, and spatial relationships of her body to notice that there was a naked woman prancing about in front of me.


I didnt' continue with costume design, and I was never the best artist, but I did things in that class I didn't know I could do, and am rather pleased.


Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next