Friday, December 02, 2005

Bill Winter Challenges Tancredo

Hooray, we have a taker in the 6th District, my home district. His name is Bill Winter, and he aims to be a uniter, not a divider.
I truly love serving my Country and my community. And I can not be easily "pigeon holed" in today's contentious political world. I believe in certain things very strongly, like supporting regular Americans, but I'm not owned by any party or ideology.

I believe labels are used to divide us into false categories in America today. I want to rise above labels, find the things we have in common, and work together to find solutions to our problems and make America greater than it's ever been.

So he doesn't claim a label at this point, but on several issues his principle statment sounds pretty good
I believe the majority of people in CD6 care about their fellow man. I believe the majority of people in CD6 want affordable, accessible health care for ALL Americans. I believe the majority of people in CD6 want better schools and better opportunities for their children and their families. I believe the majority of people in CD6 want realistic solutions to our immigration problems and to keeping American jobs in America!

I believe the majority of people in CD6 want the federal government to help us in the event of a disaster and not leave us to starve on rooftops. I believe the majority of people in CD6 want federal help to maintain our highways and help us find enough water for everyone. I believe the majority of people in CD6 want some kind of comprehensive security plan to keep us safe from terrorists as well as accidents and natural disasters.

I believe the majority of people in CD6 want to make the most difficult choices in their lives themselves and keep the government out of it, whether it's the gut wrenching decision to end a pregnancy, or the absolutely heartbreaking choices at the end of a life! And I believe the majority of people in CD6 want a rational plan to bring a swift and secure end to the war in Iraq so that no more of our sons and daughters have to die for a flawed policy that does not make us safer!

Check out his website, which has volunteering and donation information (I volunteered), biography (he was in the Marines), and a short video by the man himself.

He will be appearing on Jay Marvin's show on Tuesday, December 6, at the reasonable time of 8:05 am, 760AM on the radio dial. Hopefully they will talk about particular issues in detail.

Via pdt at Soapblox Colorado, where Bill Winter makes a statment from the DNC meetings in Phoenix, AZ.

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next