Friday, December 16, 2005

"War on Christmas" Debunking

SadlyNo! is helping out Media Matters in the "War on Christmas" debunking with two new debunks.

I had heard of the first one from my mother-in-law when we were discussing whether my son's school was doing a Holiday "thing."

She told me that a subsidized housing facility was forbidding residents from singing carols. My reaction was, "How can they do that?"

They can't, and they didn't. Debunked!

I checked my wall calendar for any Holiday "things" my son's school was doing, and didn't find anything. My mother-in-law and I were upset and disgusted that there was going to be nothing, not even Jingle Bells. But I checked the school schedule, and found out there will be a Holiday "thing" at my son's school, just not for Kindergarteners. But my son told me that they were going to choose a seasonal song, each grade would write some lyrics, and they would perform it at an assembly.

A school in Wisconsin did something similar.

The secularization of Christmas carols? Another attack on Christmas!

Well, not really. Debunked!

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next