Thursday, December 29, 2005

When a Wrong Number Goes Right

I hate it when someone who calls the wrong number just hangs up, not even bothering to apologize for making you get out of your comfy chair.

Yesterday I tried to call my mother-in-law's cell phone to tell her, her sister, and her sister's husband not to come over as I was sick. Here's how it went:

Mary: Hello, this is Mary.

Me: Oh, hi Mary, this is Julie.

Mary: Who?

Me: (speaking louder) Julie.

Mary: Oh, well, how are you?

Me: Well, I'm not feeling too well today, I'm actually pretty sick, so I don't think today would be a good day to drop by.

Mary: What?

Me: Mike said you would be dropping by later today, and I don't think today would be a good day.

(silence)

Me: Hello?

Mary: What's your last name?

Me: O.

Mary: I'm Mary M.

Me: (laughing) Oh, I'm so sorry, I thought you were aunt Mary.

Mary: (laughing) That's all right.

Me: Well, Happy Holidays.

Mary: Thank you, and I'm sorry you're not feeling well.

Me: Thank you, 'bye.

Mary: 'Bye.

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next