Sunday, January 01, 2006

Sleeping It Off

And by IT, I don't mean a rollicking good time.

Last night I had a glass of champagne at 11:30pm as I watched Godfather II with my husband, then took some Tylenol Cough & Cold a little after midnight, and went to bed at 1am. Sometimes my thinking skills are lacking, because I thought a half hour between the two would be enough.

The label is not kidding, alcohol will enhance the drowsiness caused by the Tylenol.

The toddler woke up kind of early, so I staggered into his room to get him, barely able to keep my eyes open. The older boy had gotten into my bed earlier, so the toddler and I crawled into the lower bunk and slept for a while longer. When the toddler woke up the second time, I was more lucid -- at least able to keep my eyes open -- for a couple of hours until my husband got up at 10am.

I went back to bed and slept until 2:15pm, when my husband put the toddler in bed with me for a nap. I could barely keep my eyes open still and went back to sleep. We woke up for good at 4:30pm, but I still feel groggy at 8:30pm.

No more mixing drugs!

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next