Tuesday, March 21, 2006

C for Confusing Caucus

I don't think I've ever lived in a state with a caucus system. At any rate, I've never participated in a caucus before. I was confused most of the time, despite being roped into being the precinct secretary. I just happened to be sitting next to the precinct chair, who slid the paperwork in front of me and handed me a pen. I'm also apparently a delegate to the general assembly on April 8, and narrowly missed being entered into the race for State House of Representatives.

I'm exaggerating, of course, but it was certainly nice to see a good turnout and so much political passion. I was also shocked to see a map of my precinct with the houses of registered democrats highlighted. There were a lot more here in conservative Centennial than I had suspected.

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next