Thursday, March 02, 2006

Katrina Lie Weasel Room

Here's how the RW pundits will defend Bush against his Katrina lie (video via Crooks and Liars).

Bush said: "I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees."

What meteorologist Max Mayfield told Bush: "I don't think any model can tell you with any confidence right now whether the levees will be topped or not..."

But Mike Brown made the seriousness of the situation very clear, and showed the Administration's knowledge of just how dire the situation could be.
"As you may or may not know, the Superdome is about 12 feet below sea level. So I don't know what the heck [inaudible] and I also learned about that roof, I don't know whether that roof is designed to withstand a cat 5 hurricane. So not to be kinda gross here, but I'm concerned about [inaudible] mess [inaudible] and medical and [inaudible] assets and [inaudible] to respond to a catastrophe within a catastrophe."

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next