Saturday, March 18, 2006

Will the Crises Never End?

Last night at 10:30, my son started screaming because he had bitten the inside of his mouth in his sleep (the first time ever he's bitten his cheek). You'd think he bit his lip off, the screaming and crying, "It hurts too much!" So I had to go out to get Anbesol, and by the time I got back, he and the toddler were half asleep on my husband's lap.

Then from 12:30 - 1 am, the toddler was screaming because he couldn't decide where to sleep, and kept tossing blankets and pillows.

At 3:30am, the older boy came in to wake me up because he had an ear ache, so I took him to the ER. Of course he has an ear infection, his first one ever, actually. We got home a little after 6am and went back to bed.

I asked my husband to get up with the toddler at about 8am, but he just got the boy a bowl of cereal and went back to bed. At 9am my older son complained of pain again, and when I went downstairs to get him the Tylenol with codeine that we got at the hospital, I saw the toddler on the floor in front of the TV with the bowl of cereal sitting in a puddle of milk on the entertainment center. So my husband got up and slept in the recliner to at least nominally mind the toddler while I went back to bed with my older son until 11am.

My husband got back in bed for a nap, and so he and the older boy are still sleeping at 12:30pm.

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next