Saturday, April 08, 2006

Lamest Movie Review Ever: Inside Man

We went to see The Inside Man tonight (don't go to the last show without your No-Doz, not because it's boring, but because it will get out late). What I particularly liked about it wasn't the plot, the directing or the acting, all of which were very good.

I particularly like how Spike Lee gives a voice to the little guy. Amongst others, the bigoted cop, the Sikh, or the Albanian parking violator. It would be easy to categorize them as one dimensional stereotypes, but I got a sense of their stories, of them as fully formed human beings with histories that helped to shape who they are in just the short times they had on the screen.

I wish my brain would work better, but I have to get up to go to that damn general assembly tomorrow, so this is all you get. It's a good movie, and I'd write more, but I don't believe in spoilers. Suffice it to say, there's a red herring in the movie's opening music, and a subtle, barely noticed jab at the Bushes in the pictures of the bank owner with various famous people -- a reference to a similarity between Prescott Bush and the bank owner?

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next