Thursday, June 01, 2006

Senator Reid Did Nothing Wrong

Last night I briefly saw Hannity trying to mock the notion that Democrats want to run on the "culture of corruption" against Reps though the Dems have McKinney, Kennedy, Jefferson and Reid. Yeah, two personal failings (McKinney hitting cop, Kennedy driving drunk) and one actual case of significant official corruption (Jefferson).

Reid, however, doesn't appear to have done anything wrong at all.

Of course there are always going to be a few bad apples. But any self-respecting conservative would readily admit that the Republicans at this time are a rotten barrelful.

Which reminds me: on the way to our vacation spot, my conservative Republican mom who disdains Clinton and argued hard for the war in Iraq, said, "I wish we had a third party in this country." The Reps are in huuuuge trouble when a dyed-in-the-wool Rep who would probably never vote Democratic, like my mom, is looking for an alternative.

She was asking me about Ross Perot's party, which I reminded her had been taken over by Pat Buchanan. She's looking for something. If there are no Libertarians on the ticket in Wyoming, does someone know of any other conservative third parties for her to vote for?

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next