Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Conway Luau

Kathleen Conway, candidate for Arapahoe County Clerk, is having a fundraising luau tonight from 5:30 - 8 pm.

There will be roast pig (or a vegetarian option) and Polynesian fire dancers. I'll see if my husband feels like going tonight. I think the roast pig might convince him, but I'm looking forward to fire dancers.

The other day while munching on BBQ'd pork ribs (fatty and covered with sweet and tangy sauce for me), my husband and I were discussing the cruel irony of the most delicious meat on earth also being forbidden by God. If there's any reason to abandon the old religions - or at least their unnecessarily restrictive and arbitrary rules - it's pork.

Anyway, bring some cash to throw in the campaign warchest and enjoy a luau. I haven't been to one in decades.

It's at Westlands Park, 5701 S. Quebec St., Greenwood Village located between Belleview and Orchard. The sponsors are Pat Waak, Morgan Carroll, Michael Garcia, Nancy Todd, Bill Winter, Suzanne Williams, Colorado Vets For America, Ron Clark, Ann Don, and Joe Rice. I presume that means they will all be there. I hope I will be, too.

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next