Sunday, October 15, 2006

Light Posting Indefinite

Since all the school-related activities started, I've been running around like some kind of soccer mom. There's a before school activity one day; an after school activity on another; volunteering at school for two different things; PTO.

Ben also joined Cub Scouts. Yes, I know, there's the religious requirement and the anti-gay Scoutmaster policy. But he asked to join, so I'm operating like it's a "don't ask, don't tell" situation. We were told there is no specific religious requirement except the belief in some non-specified "greater power" which the Scout Pledge refers to as "God." I asked Ben if he believes in some greater power, he said yes, so that's that.

And I really appreciate the opportunity to participate in activities with him. Sure, we could do that without an organization, but having a little outside pressure helps me get my introvert butt off the computer chair and into the real world. We just went out over the weekend to sell popcorn door to door and I was so proud of how well he did. He made me stand on the sidewalk while he went up to the door to take care of business. Except for the one time he wanted to play in the leaf pile with the other kids. I took care of that sale.

So, I've been tired to near exhaustion every day for the past couple of weeks, leaving me just enough brain power to play Gamecube. Pither has a friend who passed it on, along with a few games, for cheap. He told his friend, "you need kids, because you can afford way too much cool stuff." But if they pass that cool stuff on to us, I'm okay with their childlessness.

Anyway, that's why I haven't and probably won't be posting too much for the next few months. I'm just so busy and tired. But I'll try to get at least one brilliant observation in per day.

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next