Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Starfest 2008.

Spring is in the air and you know what that means. Nerds falling in love.

At ...

STARFEST!!!


Last year my husband, dad and brother went with me. Denise Crosby showed her film Trekkies. Because I think I chose to watch improv instead, I missed it, though I did catch the end of her Q&A. So I put it on NetFlix. I just watched it tonight, and it was really good. I almost want to move back to Florida just so I can go to Starbase Dental (there are no pics; it's a dentist's office filled with Star Trek paraphernalia and employees in Trek uniforms).

But it also gave me the yen to go back to Starfest for my third year in a row. Pither doesn't seem to want to go this year, but my older son, Ben, does. He's recently gotten into Star Wars and has taken to dressing in his black karate outfit decked out with a Darth Vader utility belt, cape and lightsaber (he's Anakin). I might even wear my tricorder and Federation communicator pin. And carry a lightsaber so I can fight with Ben.

This year's celebrity guest lineup:

Leonard Nimoy - Spock, Star Trek
Rachel Luttrell - Teyla, Stargate Atlanis
Kate Vernon - Ellen Tigh, Battlestar Galactica
Gil Gerard - Buck Rogers, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
Erin Gray - Col. Wilma Deering, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
Daniel Logan - Boba Fett, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Andee Frizzell - Hive Queen, Stargate Atlantis
Ray Park - Darth Maul, Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Ben loves Boba Fett. He's got a Boba Fett lego and read a book about a young Boba Fett's adventures right after Jengo died.

Tickets are on sale now for the April 20 - 22 event, at very reasonable prices.

Labels:

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next